Despite what we learned in grade school, our planet actually takes 365 1/4 days to revolve around the sun. To catch up on the annual six extra hours, we add a day to our calendar every four years to keep us in sync with the sun. Without leap day, our seasons would shift and over time we’d literally end up celebrating Christmas in July.
In celebration of this rare occasion retailers are offering deals to intice you into their establishments for the “holiday.” And restaurants (chains as well as mom and pop’s) are no exception. We’ve heard whispers of special deals at fast food establishments, like menu items for $0.29 or sit down eateries like Denny’s promoting 29% off your check. Some places like Outback Steakhouse are offering a chance to win four years of free Outback if you visit their facebook page.
Other deals include:
- Boston Market: 10% off Purchase
- Caribou Coffee: Buy One Coffee Get One Free
- Subway: Free Cookie with Purchase
- Arby’s: Free Roast Beef Sandwich with a drink purchase
- Einstein Bros Bagels: Buy One Lunch Sandwich Get One Free
- Buca di Beppo: $29 for a meal for 4
- Chick-fil-a: Free Chick-n-minis 4 count between 6:30 and 10:30 pm
Act fast though, these specials are for today only and won’t come around again for another four years!! Do you know of any Leap Year deals near you?!
- 29 fun things to do on Leap Day (mnn.com)
- Leap Day Restaurant Deals: Caribou Coffee, Subway, Boston Market + More (hip2save.com)