The time has finally come! With all the lockout drama and anticipation for exciting preseason games, hello Philadelphia Eagles Vs. New York Jets & Atlanta Falcons Vs. Pittsburgh Steelers, NFL fans are practically panting for the regular season games to start. Even more exciting is that the first game of the 2011 season will be a matchup unlike any in the last 10 years; tonight at 8:30pm EST the Green Bay Packers are set to defend their title against than none other than the New Orleans Saints – aka the ultimate showdown between two Superbowl titans.
And on top of that, tight end Jermichael Finley and running back Ryan Grant have recovered from injuries and back in the starting line-up. Plus the exciting performances of rookies like Vic So’oto and Tori Gurley in preseason games we can’t wait for tonight’s game (can you tell we’re for the Packers?!) But this year more than ever, the start of an NFL season is the beginning of an American tradition of fantasy teams, water cooler debates, and wings, wings, and more wings! It’s not just about the game – it’s about spending game day around a big screen with friends, it’s about the pregame concert (tonight’s opening act will feature Kid Rock, Lady Antebellum and Maroon 5), and most importantly it’s about the FOOD!
Yes, the food ladies and gentlemen, and in honor of the first game of the season my thoughts of food and football are simple: no pair is sweeter than a cold one and some hot wings. And because you may be too busy arguing about who’s going to emerge victorious tonight, here’s a list of what we believe to be the some of the best chain restaurants catch some grub for the big game:
- Buffalo Wild Wings – with 14 sauces and 4 different seasonings it’s easy to satisfy every person’s taste buds and with the amount of television screens inside it may be the ultimate place to watch the game.
- Wingstop – with all the reviews out there, everybody couldn’t stop talking about their garlic parmesan wings
- Planet Wings – they may be only located in New York, New Jersey, and Tennessee but if you’re close enough the drive may be worth it for their award-winning wings.
- Quaker Steak and Lube – they serve more than just wings but the description of their atomic wings can stop you in your track when checking out their menu.. see for yourself.. “One bite will set your pores a steamin’,ears a hummin’ and temples a throbbin’, served with jalapeños to cool your palate.”
We can’t wait to get out from work, meet up at the nearest sports bar, and um . . . Go Pack Go!!!!
- Saints Vs. Packers On Thursday Night Football Kicks Off NFL Season (sbnation.com)
- Green Bay vs. New Orleans: Looking at the Spread and the Over/Under (bleacherreport.com)
- NFL Week 1: 10 Best Games You Gotta See (bleacherreport.com)
- Saints Vs. Packers: Game Time, TV Schedule, Announcers And More (sbnation.com)
- Benigno’s Best: Week 1 NFL Power Rankings (newyork.cbslocal.com)